back to Recipe Collection
- 3 red bell peppers
- 2 onions
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 bunch scallions
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- ¼ cup canola oil
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- Garnish: Salt, lemon juice, olive oil
- Core, seed, and chop 3 red bell peppers. Chop 2 onions. Thinly slice 4 garlic cloves. Slice a bunch of scallions on the bias. Sauté the peppers with 1 tablespoon kosher salt and ¼ cup canola oil in a large skillet until soft, about 4 minutes. Add the onions and garlic. Cook until the onions are translucent, about 10 minutes.
- Fold in 1 pint halved cherry tomatoes. Add 2 teaspoons smoked paprika and 2 teaspoons ground coriander and toast the spices for about 2 minutes. Transfer to a bowl, add the sliced scallions, taste and add a pinch of salt, a squeeze of lemon juice and a drizzle of olive oil.
- TURKISH SALAD is excerpted from ISRAELI SOUL © 2018 by Michael Solomonov and Steven Cook. Photography © 2018 by Michael Persico. Reproduced by permission of Rux Martin Books/Houghton Mifflin Harcourt. All rights reserved.