The Last Smoothie
This smoothie was the last Mother’s Day gift I ever made for my mom. It’s bright and complex. Feel free to tinker with the amounts below to your liking. Add more ginger for more spice, more honey for more sweetness.
- 4 apples, peeled and roughly chopped (I prefer Granny Smith for tartness)
- 4-5 Medjool dates, pitted and chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (from about 1 lemon)
- ½ cup ice
- Place all ingredients in high-powered blender and mix until smooth. Adjust ginger and honey to your taste.