Sweet Potato Latkes
Over the years, these latkes have become our family favorite. And they are perfect for blending Thanksgiving and Chanukah at the table.
- 1 pound sweet potatoes (about 3), peeled and coarsely grated
- 1 bunch scallions, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup flour (can be gluten-free)
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Corn or vegetable oil for frying
- Mix all ingredients except oil together. Heat oil over medium high in a deep skillet. When hot, lower tablespoon portions of batter into the oil using a slotted spoon. Fry a few minutes until golden and crisp on one side, then flip and fry on other side for a few additional minutes. Remove from oil and drain on paper towels.