Roasted Vegetables with Garlic Scapes
This roasted vegetable recipe represents a seasonal snapshot of what we are harvesting now, in the summer. You can easily swap or add many other vegetables including beets, radishes and tomatoes. The basic formula is fresh vegetables, olive oil and seasonings like lemon, herbs, salt and/or pepper. Visit your local farmers market, and play around with your own mix of fresh vegetables.
- 6 garlic scapes cut into ½-inch pieces, flowers left intact
- 4 small zucchinis, cut into coins
- 2 small yellow squashes, cut into coins
- 1 quart baby potatoes, halved (purple potatoes add lovely color, but you can use any kind you'd like)
- 4 green onions, halved and greens chopped
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- Juice of ½ a lemon
- Pinch of salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Toss all ingredients together. Place in ovenproof dish ceramic. Bake for about 45 minutes, or until vegetables are fork-tender.