Makura Farm’s Tabouli
Israelis love their salads or salatim and often make several to accompany a single meal. Celebrate Israel’s 66th birthday with this healthy tabouli recipe from Makura Farm in Israel.
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup bulgur
- 4 bunches parsley, finely chopped
- 1 bunch mint, finely chopped
- 2 red onions, diced
- 2-3 small red tomatoes, diced
- ½ cup extra virgin organic olive oil
- Juice of 3 fresh lemons
- Cucumbers or pickles, diced (optional)
- ½ tsp salt (optional)
- Bring 2 cups of water to a boil. Put 1 cup of bulgur in a heat-proof bowl. Pour boiling water over bulgur and allow it to stand for 20 minutes to absorb the water. Meanwhile, chop the herbs and vegetables. Mix herbs and vegetables with the bulgur. Add the olive oil and lemon as well as cucumbers salt, if using.