Israeli Fennel Salad
This surprisingly flavorful salad is super simple to make and very light and refreshing. It can be eaten immediately or refrigerated overnight to marinate. If, like me, you like to complicate things, you can vary this dish by adding chopped green onions, a little fresh dill or even some cherry tomatoes, but not until you taste it in its original form as the recipe is written. I promise…you won’t want to add a thing!
- 2 fennel bulbs, thinly sliced
- 2 fresh lemons, juiced
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped (I like Italian flat leafed)
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Wash the fennel and remove all stalks. Use fennel bulb only and slice crosswise thinly, the thinner the better. Pour lemon juice over sliced fennel. If you like, add a little lemon zest from one of the lemons. Mix olive oil and chopped parsley into the salad. Season with salt and pepper, and it’s ready to eat!