Boozy Sicilian Orange Salad
Inspired by the Sicilian orange salad that is made mostly of oranges with an olive oil dressing, this salad has become a family favorite. If you serve it for Passover, it can pack a lot of symbolic punch. Just remember: this is a cold salad and the wine does not cook out, so nosh responsibly.
- 5 Valencia oranges (or favorite orange), peeled and segmented
- Large handful pomegranate arils (optional)
- 2–3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup red wine
- Greens, for serving (optional)
- Cut oranges into cubes or slices and place in a large salad bowl with pomegranates, if using. Drizzle with olive oil, and add salt, sugar, balsamic vinegar and wine. Marinate in the fridge for an hour or more. Serve with greens.