Black Pepper Honey Fried Carrots
The miracle of Chanukah is alive in the air fryer, where a magical tiny amount of oil turns any vegetable or latke into a crispy fried treat. These carrots are sweet, spicy and the perfect crisp side to eight days of air-fried latkes.
- 1½–2 pounds carrots, trimmed and peeled and cut into ½-inch slices
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat your air fryer to 390 degrees while you prepare the carrots.
- Toss sliced carrots with all other ingredients. Make sure carrots are fully coated in oil, and be generous with the black pepper as this is one of the main sources of flavor.
- Place the carrots in an even layer in your lightly greased air fryer basket. You will likely need to do this in multiple batches. Set the timer for 12 minutes, shaking the basket at the 6-minute mark.
- Remove from the air fryer and sprinkle with additional salt and pepper. Serve immediately.