- This event has passed.
Modern Israeli Cooking with Vered Guttman: Passover Edition
Sixth & I Historic Synagogue
Wednesday, March 14, 2018
6:30 PM — 8:00 PM
600 I Street, NW
Washington, DC 20001 United States
Whether you’re hosting a Passover seder or just want to up your cooking game, explore recipes from around the Jewish world. Our own chef and food writer Vered Guttman will demonstrate how to make Yemeni and Iraqi haroset, Sephardi pie, and other Sephardi Passover staples. The class includes a demo plus a full meal.
- Iraqi haroset of date molasses and walnuts
- Yemenite haroset of dates, sesame and ginger
- Mina del pesach: a Passover pie from the Sephardi cuisine, made with layers of matzo and meat with pine nuts or spinach
- Roasted lamb with spring vegetables (lamb is a traditional Seder main course for Mizrahi Jews)
- Persian green rice with fava beans
- Almond and pistachio Masapan (marzipan) from the Balkans