Growing up in a Russian Jewish household, dill was indispensable and belonged on smoked salmon the same way cream cheese does for Americans. Add some crunch with sliced cucumbers and radishes, and some soft scrambled eggs for the extra protein boost. Feel free to use any savory bagel you like the best, but we’re partial to everything bagels.
- 1 everything bagel
- Smear of cream cheese
- 1 small radish, thinly sliced
- 1 small cucumber, thinly sliced
- 2 slices smoked salmon
- 2 eggs
- Pinch of salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Pat of butter
- Big pinch of fresh dill, chopped
- Cut the bagel in half, and smear each half with cream cheese. Lay the radishes, then the cucumbers and salmon on top. Vigorously beat the 2 eggs together with salt and pepper until you start to see foam. Heat the butter in a nonstick pan on medium-low heat. Once the butter is melted, add in the eggs and let cook undisturbed for 2 minutes. Use a spatula to gently move the eggs around in a figure-8 motion. Once the eggs are close to being done, take them off the heat because they’ll keep cooking from the heat of the pan. Lay the soft scrambled eggs on top of the salmon, and garnish with chopped dill.