That Rye Nectar
Local honey, along with a honeycomb garnish, shines in this cocktail, making it perfect for Rosh Hashanah. The citrus (lime and orange juices and the orange peel garnish) adds a refreshing lightness, and the orange blossom water is reminiscent of the Middle East and other faraway lands.
- ¼ ounce fresh lime juice
- ¼ ounce local honey
- 1½ ounces Catoctin Creek Roundstone Rye
- 1 ounce fresh, fine strained orange juice
- 3–4 drops orange blossom water
- Garnish: Orange peel and honeycomb
- Stir together fresh squeezed lime juice, local honey and Catoctin Creek Roundstone Rye until honey is dissolved. Add fresh squeezed orange juice. Shake vigorously with ice. Strain into glass, and top with drops of orange blossom water. Garnish with orange peel around honeycomb.