Sweet Potato Flip
A bit of an herbal and sweet drink, this cocktail takes advantage of the sweet, spicy rye grain flavor of Catoctin Creek’s Mosby’s Spirit. You can use another (craft made) white whiskey if you can’t find a bottle of Mosby’s Sprit, or even try your favorite vodka. Much of the flavor comes from the sweet potato itself.
- 1½ ounce sweet potato-infused Catoctin Creek Mosby’s Spirit, other white whisky or your favorite vodka*
- ¼ ounce maple syrup
- ¼ ounce freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Heavy pinch of fresh thyme, chopped
- Garnishes of several sprigs of fresh thyme, long pieces of fresh-snipped chives and freshly grated nutmeg
- Add sweet potato infused Mosby’s Spirit, maple syrup, lemon juice and the fresh thyme to a cocktail shaker with ice. Shake well for 10 seconds. Strain into a rocks glass with ice. Garnish with a sprig of thyme, a few pieces of chives and nutmeg.
- * To make the sweet potato-infused Mosby’s Spirit, add half of an average sized peeled, mashed baked sweet potato to two cups of Mosby’s spirit. Allow the potato to soak in the spirit for a few hours, and then strain it through a fine mesh strainer, being sure to press some of the potato through the strainer.