Smoked Salmon Rillette
This appetizer is easy to throw together, but full of interesting flavors—rich crème fraîche, bright lemon juice and zest, salty capers and of course smoky salmon. Serve it in small individual jars or in one medium spread bowl, with toasted bread or crackers.
- 500 grams (just over 1 pound) smoked salmon, finely chopped
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- ½ cup fines herbes (parsley, chives, tarragon and chervil), finely diced
- 2 tablespoons crème fraîche
- 2 tablespoons fresh mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- 2 tablespoons cornichons, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons capers, finely chopped
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Season to taste. Serve with bread or crackers.