Shushan Party Punch
The ingredients in this punch are relatively easy to find in your local wine or liquor shop. Variations in each will change your finished drink. Serve in fun punch cups, and drink until you can’t tell the difference between our hero Mordechai and the evil Haman!
- 12 ounces white rum
- 12 ounces pineapple juice
- 4 large sprigs mint, leaves torn into large pieces and slightly bruised, plus 2 sprigs of mint for garnish, separated into sections of 2 leaves
- 16 ounces Sauvignon Blanc
- 24 ounces seltzer
- 16-ounce can of pineapple rings (in juice, not syrup)
- Optional: ¼ cup brown sugar
- Combine rum, pineapple juice and 4 bruised mint sprigs in a container and refrigerate for 3 to 4 hours. Remove mint, and pour into a punch bowl or large pitcher with ice. Add sauvignon blanc and stir, then add seltzer and gently stir again. Float pineapple rings on top of the punch and add 2 additional mint sprigs. When serving, be sure to grab a mint leaf or two.
- Optional: If you’d prefer a sweeter punch, add brown sugar to rum and pineapple juice before refrigerating. Continue as instructed.