Righteous Cheese Fromage Fort
For the best results, use a combination of cheeses—soft, semi-soft and hard; goat, sheep and cow cheeses; aged, fresh and blue. This is a very forgiving recipe. Swap out wine with whatever is in the refrigerator (red wine will change the color of the cheese, obviously.) Use herbs at hand, mixing and matching at will.
- ¾ pound assorted cheeses, at room temperature
- 1 or 2 large cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons Sauvignon Blanc
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons minced herbs (parsley, thyme, chives)
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper (abundant)
- Pass the hard cheeses through the grating blade of the food processor. Set the cheese aside and place the chopping blade in the processor. Mince the garlic in the food processor, add the soft cheeses and butter and process until smooth.
- Add the wine and continue to process then remove the cheese to a bowl and mix in the hard cheeses and herbs. Season generously with salt and pepper, adjusting to suit your taste.
- Fill small, clean jars or ramekins and chill well.
- Bring to room temperature before serving.
- Photo courtesy of Creative Commons.