Red, White and Blue Cheesecake-Stuffed Strawberries
With strawberries and white chocolate you’re already two-thirds of the way to a patriotic dessert. Sanding sugar adds the blue touch to round out this fun and tasty contribution to a July 4th picnic or barbecue.
- 1 pound fresh strawberries
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- ¼ cup blue sanding sugar
- 8 ounces low-fat cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup confectioner’s sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Cut the stem top off of your strawberries. Using a strawberry huller or knife and spoon, scoop out the core of your strawberries.
- In a small bowl, melt the white chocolate chips in the microwave, heating on high for 1 minute to 90 seconds. Dip strawberries two-thirds into the melted white chocolate, then dip just the bottom third (the tip) into blue sanding sugar. Lay on a baking sheet lined with wax paper to cool and harden.
- While the strawberries harden, beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla together in a medium-sized bowl. Pour the mixture into a piping bag or a resealable plastic bag with the corner snipped off.
- Once the strawberries are fully cooled, pipe your cheesecake mixture into the hulled-out berry, filling to the top. Refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving.