back to Recipe Collection
Quick Pad Thai
- 8 ounces rice noodles
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice, plus more to season protein
- Drizzle of rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce, plus more to season protein
- Drizzle of sesame oil
- 2–3 tablespoons vegetable oil, plus more to season protein
- 2 scallions or red onion, sliced or diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 pound mixed vegetables (such as carrots, asparagus, broccoli, cauliflower), chopped
- 8 ounces chicken, meat or tofu
- Optional garnish: Chopped cilantro, chopped peanuts
- Soak rice noodles in hot water until al dente, but not soft, about 8 minutes, depending on thickness of your noodles. In a bowl, whisk together brown sugar, lime juice and. soy sauce. Set aside. In a separate bowl, season protein with a combination of any/all of the following: drizzles of soy sauce, rice vinegar, lemon or lime juice, sesame oil and/or vegetable oil.
- On the stovetop, heat a pan to medium-high and add a drizzle of vegetable oil. Cook sliced scallions (or red onion) and diced garlic to the pan. Add vegetables and cook until tender, but still bright and crunchy. Then remove them to a plate. Drizzle in a bit more vegetable oil and add seasoned protein. Add the brown sugar-soy sauce mixture and drained noodles to the pan with cooked protein, toss and then add cooked vegetables to warm. Garnish with cilantro and/or chopped peanuts, if desired.