back to Recipe Collection
These granola bars may have been designed for Passover, but they are simply a delicious, gluten-free cookie to enjoy all year round. Ground almonds are a great substitute for white flour and adds protein at the same time.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup vegetable oil plus extra for greasing pan
- 1 ¾ cups ground almonds (without skins, buy ground or grind in food processor)
- 3 tablespoons potato starch
- ¾ cup whole almonds, skin on, roughly chopped
- 2/3 cup walnut halves, chopped
- ¾ cup dried apricots, chopped into ½-inch pieces
- ¾ cup dried cranberries or raisins
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease the bottom and sides of a 9x13-inch pan, then press in a piece of parchment paper to cover the bottom and go up the sides. Grease the top and sides of the parchment. Set aside.
Place the sugar, egg and oil into a large bowl and beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until combined. Add the ground almonds and potato starch and mix well. Knead in the chopped nuts and dried fruit until distributed throughout the dough. Press into the prepared pan as evenly as possible. Bake for 30 minutes or until the edges start to brown. Let cool and then lift the bar out of the pan. Slice into rectangular or square bars. Store in an airtight container or freezer bag as room temperature for up to 5 days or freeze.