back to Recipe Collection
- 2 large sprigs of fresh mint
- Large pinch of superfine sugar (Pulse regular white sugar in a food processor until granules are very small. Do not substitute powdered sugar.)
- 1½ ounces white whiskey, such as Catoctin Creek Mosby’s Spirit
- ¼ ounce triple sec
- 1½ ounces freshly squeezed Minneola orange juice
- Orange twist for garnish
- Additional mint for garnish
- In a rocks glass, muddle the mint and sugar until the mint is broken up into tiny pieces. Next, shake the whiskey, triple sec and orange juice with ice*. Add ice to the rocks glass and strain the drink into the glass. Stir.
- Twist the orange zest over the glass to release oils and drop it into the glass, then add a fresh mint sprig to garnish.
- *To make cocktails for a crowd, multiply ingredients as needed. Combine whiskey, triple sec and orange juice ahead of time. Do not add ice until ready to serve. At that point, add ice, stir well and then pour into glasses.