Miso Ginger Zoodles
This cold zoodle salad takes less than 15 minutes to throw together and also happens to be both vegan and gluten-free (check to make sure your miso is gluten-free). This doesn’t stop it from being absolutely delicious though. Inspired by cold sesame noodles, this dish is a healthier alternative and doesn’t require turning on the stove. The salad can be made ahead and stored in the fridge. The zoodles will absorb the sauce and soften the longer they marinate, so adjust according to how al dente you want your zoodles.
- ¼ cup neutral oil, like grapeseed
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons miso paste
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1-inch knob fresh ginger, peeled and sliced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 16 ounces zoodles, or 4-5 zucchini, spiralized
- 1 scallion, finely chopped
- 5 radishes, sliced into half moons (optional)
- Sprinkle of sesame seeds
- Combine all the dressing ingredients except salt and pepper in a food processor or blender and puree until smooth. Add salt and pepper to taste. Place the zoodles in a large serving bowl. Mix in the dressing. I like adding all of it, but you can add it gradually to adjust to taste, depending on how strong you want the dressing flavor to be. Garnish with the scallions and radishes if you wish. A sprinkling of sesame seeds is also welcome here.