Mish-Mosh for Passover
This recipe is a family treasure! My mother concocted and named it when we were small children. Now, some five decades later, it is still a staple dish for Passover among our family and friends.
- 12-15 medium to large bananas
- 1/2 -3/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 -2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 pound box of cottage cheese
- 6 sheets matzah
- 2 sticks butter or margarine, softened
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease well a 12” x 18” glass baking dish. Mash all the bananas. Mix sugar, cinnamon and salt in a small bowl. Add the mixture, along with vanilla, to cottage cheese in a large bowl. Add mashed bananas and mix well. Butter both sides of the six sheets of matzah. Place two sheets in a well greased oblong glass dish covering the bottom and pour 1/3 of the banana/cottage cheese mixture over the matzah. Place two more sheets of matzah in baking dish and pour the second 1/3 of the mixture over. Repeat with the remaining matzah and mixture. Bake 45 minutes to 1 hour, until the top layer is sort of crispy brown.