Milk & Honey Bars
These bars combine milk and honey with other traditional Israeli foods, including orange and sesame seeds—the flavors of Israel in a simple, delicious snack or dessert bar!
- 1 4-ounce package Osem Tea Biscuits
- Zest of 1 orange
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chip morsels
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1 cup sesame-coated or salted pretzels
- 1 14-ounce can condensed milk
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Crush tea biscuits in a food processor on pulse or by placing in a gallon sealable plastic bag and rolling a rolling pin or heavy can over the contents. Mix the biscuit crumbs with orange zest and then add melted butter. Press biscuit crumb mixture into the bottom of a 9-inch square baking pan so that it covers the entire surface. Add a layer of chocolate chips on top of the cookie crumb layer and spread evenly, followed by a layer of slivered almonds and then a layer of crushed pretzels. Stir honey into condensed milk. Pour milk mixture over nut and chocolate layers. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until set. Let cool, then cut into bars and store in the refrigerator.