Kale Coconut Smoothie
When I was home, my dad and I went on an outing to the farm. We picked over ten pounds of tender baby kale. The sautés, salads and smoothies were a nice balance to the cookies, cakes and quiches with which my mom stuffed me. This smoothie is one of the best I’ve made in a long time—a much-needed refreshment!
- ¼ cup unsweetened soy milk
- ¼ cup light coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- 1 frozen banana, chopped
- ¼ cup frozen mango (or pineapple, fresh orange or other citrusy fruit)
- 5–7 leaves fresh dinosaur kale, trimmed
- Dash of vanilla
- Pinch of salt
- Place all ingredients into food processor in order listed (always put liquid in first to give the blades some room to work their magic). Blend until smooth. Add ice if you desire a thicker consistency.