Kale and Pomegranate Salad
I like my dressing on the sharp side, especially in a salad with such strong, sturdy ingredients. If you want to tone it down, add more olive oil by the teaspoon, whisking and tasting between each addition, until the balance is right for you.
- 12 leaves dinosaur kale, stripped of their stems and thinly sliced
- Half a head of radicchio, thinly sliced
- 4 radishes, thinly sliced
- Seeds from half a large pomegranate (about ½ cup)
- A handful or two of roasted and salted pistachios, shelled
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (plus more, to taste; see headnote)
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon pomegranate molasses
- ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Put all the salad ingredients in a large bowl. Shake or whisk together the dressing ingredients in a jar or mixing bowl. Depending on how heavily dressed you like your salad, you may end up with more dressing than you need. Start with half, toss, taste, then add more, as needed.