Homemade Power Bars
Now who wouldn’t want a basket filled to the brim with all these ingredients? Use them in this satisfying power bar recipe or eliminate the cereal and almond butter, lightly toast the ingredients in a 350-degree oven and you’ve got a great gluten-free granola!
- 1 cup organic puffed rice cereal
- 1 cup organic puffed corn cereal
- 2 cups quick oats (if you are gluten free, make sure to use certified GF oats)
- 1/4 cup chia seed meal
- 1/4 cup organic raisins
- 1/4 cup organic dried goji berries
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds (for nut-free use sunflower seeds)
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds (often called pepitas)
- 3 tablespoons dark chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup raw, organic, local honey
- 1 cup raw almond butter (for nut-free use sunflower seed butter)
- 1/3 cup water
- Line a 9x13 baking dish with parchment paper. In a large bowl, combine the cereals, oats, chia, raisins, goji berries, almonds, pumpkin seeds and chocolate chips. In a separate small bowl, mix the honey, almond butter and water until smooth. Add to the cereal mixture and mix until well combined. Pour into the prepared dish and flatten and smooth with a spatula until it is even. Put in the refrigerator to solidify for at least two hours. Overnight is best. Cut into rectangular bars, triangles or any shaped desired.