Grapefruit Splash Elixir
Recipe created by Christi Huntsman, personal chef, Santa Monica, CA. This recipe is a modified version of an alcoholic cocktail, originally from Williams Sonoma. It’s wonderful for parties and celebrations.
- ¼ cup Shemesh Farms Malibu Pink Pepper
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 lime (or grapefruit wedge)
- Splash of agave syrup
- Splash of fresh grapefruit juice
- Splash of fresh lime juice
- 8 ounces grapefruit soda
- 1 wheel thinly sliced grapefruit
- Place the peppercorns in a spice grinder and grind finely. Sift through a fine-mesh sieve into a bowl, discarding any hulls captured in the sieve. Add the salt and sugar to the bowl and mix well. Spread the mixture on a small plate. Using the lime or grapefruit wedge, moisten the rim of a 10-ounce tumbler. Dip the rim in the peppercorn mixture to coat. Fill the tumbler and a cocktail shaker with ice. Add the grapefruit juice, agave juice and lime juice to the cocktail shaker and shake vigorously. Strain into the tumbler and top with the grapefruit soda. Press the grapefruit wheel flat against the inside of the glass and side it halfway down the glass to garnish. Serve immediately.