Fall Pimm’s Cup
If January 1 gets cocktails and celebrations, why can’t Rosh Hashanah, too? Welcome your guests for the holiday meal with this spicy cocktail that captures the flavors of fall and pairs well with apples, honey and other sweet holiday staples. L’chaim, and happy New Year!
- 1 ounce cinnamon-infused Pimm’s (see below)
- 1 ounce gin, like Ford’s or Beefeater
- 4 ounces spicy ginger beer, such as Blenheim
- A mint sprig and lemon wheel to garnish
- Cinnamon-infused Pimm’s
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 1 liter Pimm’s liqueur
- To make the cinnamon-infused Pimm's: Toast the cinnamon in a dry pan over medium heat for a few minutes, until the sticks become aromatic. Break up the sticks, and soak them overnight in the Pimm’s. Remove the cinnamon.
- For the cocktail: Build the drink over ice in a Collins glass: add the Pimm’s and gin, and then top with the ginger beer. Give the drink a quick stir, and garnish with the mint sprig and lemon wheel.