This simple-to-make recipe is the perfect summer dish and a great addition to any Shavuot menu. It’s good for picnics and outdoor dining in warm weather. Not only does it meet most dietary needs and is also high protein, low-fat and very tasty. Everyone just seems to love it!
- 1 16-ounce bag frozen shelled edamame
- 1 12-ounce bag frozen sweet corn kernels, thawed and drained
- 4-6 fresh red radishes, sliced thinly
- ¼–½ cup cilantro, chopped
- ¼–½ cup scallions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon vegetable or olive oil
- ½ cup rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon wasabi powder, or to taste
- 1 or 2 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- Salt to taste
- Cook edamame according to directions on package. Rinse with cold water to cool. Combine edamame and thawed corn kernels in a bowl. Add sliced radishes, cilantro and scallions and mix together. Whisk oil, vinegar and seasonings together. Pour dressing over combined veggies and mix thoroughly. Adjust seasonings to taste.