Dark Chocolate Raw Vegan (Pareve!) Truffles
These pareve truffles yield rich, luxurious and beautiful treats and can help you empty out some of the stray nuts and seeds left in the back of your freezer. They’re also easy to freeze and resurrect—just transfer them from the freezer to the fridge shortly before you’re ready to serve them.
- ½ cup walnuts
- ½ cup almond butter
- 1 cup dates, pitted and chopped
- ½ cup coconut flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Pinch of sea salt
- 2/3 cup unsweetened good cocoa powder, plus some extra some for dusting
- Add the nuts to the bowl of a food processor and process until finely chopped. Add remaining ingredients to the food processor, and process until a sticky paste forms. If more liquid is needed, add 1 tablespoon of lukewarm water or nut milk.
- With coconut oil on your hands, roll about 1 tablespoon of the mixture into a ball. Roll each truffle in cocoa powder before serving. Store in fridge and serve cold—they will begin to melt if you leave them in warm temperatures for too long.