Coconut Oil Banana Bread
The coconut oil in this banana bread creates a soft, moist loaf that is full of banana flavor with a hint of coconut. Nothing like some tropical flavors to get you through the winter!
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/3 cup honey
- ¼ cup Greek yogurt
- 1½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 2-3 bananas)
- 1¾ cups flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Optional: ½ cup mix-ins (chocolate chips, toasted nuts, coconut flakes, dried fruit)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and grease a 9-by-5-inch loaf pan. Whisk together the oil, honey, vanilla extract and eggs. Add in the mashed bananas and yogurt, and stir until combined. Your coconut oil may solidify once you add in the cold ingredients, but just let it rest in a warm place (over your pre-heating oven or in the microwave for a few seconds) to re-melt. In a separate bowl whisk the flour, cinnamon, baking soda, salt and mix-ins (if using). Stir into the banana mixture until combined. Pour the batter into the loaf pan and bake for 50 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Notes: To make this vegan, use agave or maple syrup instead of the honey, non-dairy milk instead of the yogurt and a flax or chia vegan substitute instead of the eggs. To make it gluten-free, swap the flour for your favorite gluten-free all-purpose mix.