back to Recipe Collection
Chilean Sea Bass, Prickly Pear and Mint Ceviche
- 1 pound skinless Chilean sea bass (or any firm white fish)
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- 4 prickly pears
- 2 small cucumbers, skin on, chopped
- ½ red onion, finely chopped
- ½ Serrano pepper, seeded, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons mint leaves, chopped
- Kosher salt to taste
- A good drizzle of olive oil
- Pat the fish dry and cut into ½-inch cubes. Mix with lime juice in a bowl, cover and refrigerate while the rest of the ingredients are prepared.
- Cut off the ends of the prickly pears and make a lengthwise slit through the skin. Peel off and discard the skin. Cut into ½-inch cubes. Add prickly pears, cucumbers, red onion, pepper and mint to the fish and mix well. Add salt to taste, drizzle with olive oil and serve.