Cauliflower Rice Tabbouleh Salad
Traditionally, tabbouleh salad is made with bulgur, but in this rendition, I swapped it out for cauliflower rice, a low-calorie, nutrient-packed alternative. Mixed with the lemon juice, parsley and mint, the cauliflower rice blends in and adds a nice texture without overpowering the dish with a strong cauliflower flavor. I promise you won’t even notice the difference!
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ teaspoon ground coriander
- 3 cup cauliflower rice
- 2 Persian cucumbers, cut into half moons
- 1 cup chopped plum tomatoes or 1 red bell pepper, diced
- ½ cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 2 large green onions, finely chopped fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- First, prepare the dressing by mixing the olive oil, lemon juice, garlic and ground coriander in a small bowl. Place the cauliflower rice in a medium bowl. Mix in cucumbers, tomatoes, parsley, green onions and mint. Add the dressing, and toss to blend. Season generously with salt and pepper. Let stand for at least 30 minutes to blend the flavors.