With just four ingredients, these bonbons are simple to put together and make a decadent addition to a dessert spread. Brazilians put their brigadeiros in little cupcake wrappers, but they are virtually impossible to find here, so you can leave them on a platter.
- 2 cans sweetened condensed milk
- 5 heaping tablespoons Ghirardelli ground chocolate
- 4 tablespoons butter, plus 1 tablespoon for rolling
- Chocolate sprinkles for rolling the candy
- Put all ingredients in a 6-quart pot. On medium-high heat, stir constantly, allowing the mixture to start boiling. Keep stirring until as you stir with the spatula or wooden spoon the bottom of the pot can be seen. Put the mixture on glass or ceramic pot and wait 2 hours or more, until the mixture has cooled enough you can handle it comfortably. When the mixture is cooled, coat your hands with butter. Take a teaspoon of the mixture, roll it on your hands until a ball is formed, then roll it to cover with chocolate sprinkles. Put each piece on a platter and serve. The brigadeiro freeze well in an airtight container.