I love my brown liquors, but a glass of whiskey can feel pretty heavy when the sun is blazing. BourbonAde is my way to have bourbon all summer. You can easily adjust this one to lighten up on the alcohol to suit personal preference. It is also easy to mix up a mason jar of the cocktail base, bring it to a friend’s and top off with the ice and club soda later on.
- 3 shots (1½ ounces each) sugar
- 1 shot (1½ ounces) hot water
- 3 shots (1½ ounces each) lemon juice
- 4 shots (1½ ounces each) bourbon (this is a mixed drink—don’t blow the bank with something fancy)
- 2 cups club soda
- Lemon for garnish
- Mix sugar and hot water until sugar is dissolved to make quick simple syrup. Divide the syrup between 4 lowball glasses. Divide lemon juice between the glasses. Add ice and 1 shot bourbon to each glass. Fill the rest of the glasses with seltzer, and float a lemon slice on top for garnish.