Arugula Waldorf Salad with Maple Walnuts
This is a colorful salad that has a sweet and tangy maple syrup salad dressing. You can adjust the amount of greens and fruit as needed to serve your family or guests. Submitted by Paula Shoyer
- 1 cup walnuts
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- ¼ cup oil
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon fresh black pepper
- 8 ounces arugula
- 1 endive, sliced
- 2 Granny Smith apples, peeled and diced
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- ¾ cup dried cherries or cranberries
- ¼ cup golden raisins
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. In a small bowl, coat the walnuts with the maple syrup and spread in single layer on a baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes, or until fragrant. Allow to cool.
- To prepare the dressing: Place all the dressing ingredients in a small jar or cruet and shake well to combine.
- To prepare the salad: In a large salad bowl, combine the walnuts with the salad ingredients. Add the dressing and toss to combine. Serve immediately.
- Recipe reprinted with permission from Chic Made Simple by Esther Deutsch, copyright © 2012. Published by Feldheim Publishers.