Arugula Salad with Honeyed Pecans and Asian Pears
The brittle-like honey-pecan crunch and sweet pears complement the spiciness of the arugula and add an extra festive touch.
- ½ cup pecans
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons honey
- 1½ tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons whole-grain mustard
- ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 4 cups baby arugula
- 1 large Asian pear, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and lightly coat the parchment with cooking spray. In a nonstick skillet, combine the pecans with 2 tablespoons honey. Cook over moderately high heat, stirring, until the nuts are golden and coated with honey, 4 minutes. Pour the honeyed pecans onto the prepared baking sheet. Using a spatula, spread the nuts in an even layer. Let cool completely.
- In a bowl, whisk the remaining 2 teaspoons honey with the vinegar and the mustards. Gradually whisk in the oil until emulsified. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a bowl, toss the arugula with the chopped pear. Break the honeyed pecans into small pieces and add them to the salad. Add the dressing, toss to coat and serve.