Let’s Cook Up Our Community!
The theme of food is universal, a language that everyone speaks and understands. Since its inception in 2013, JFE® has tapped into this cultural phenomenon by using food as a means to connect Jews to each other and to Jewish community in Greater Washington. Through the JFE® Grants Program, our goal is to empower Jewish organizations, schools, Federation partner agencies and individuals to create innovative food programming that captures the interest and attention of Jews throughout MD, DC and VA.
If you are interested in applying for a JFE® grant, please contact JFE® Director Paul Entis at 301-230-7261 or email@example.com prior to completing a grant application form. Paul can clarify how the grant process works and answer any questions you may have.
JFE® Partnership Grants
Grants ranging from $150 to $750
For programs occurring between September 14, 2017 and June 30, 2018
JFE® Partnership Grants offer Jewish organizations, currently in the planning stages of food events, additional financial support for the events they have in the works. All planning, implementation and follow-up is managed by the hosting organization. To receive this grant allocation, events must fit the specific criteria outlined below and agencies must be willing to adhere to the follow up expectations listed.
Requirements for JFE® Partnership Grants:
- Minimum attendance is 30 individuals.
- Grantees must match the proposed JFE® grant with a minimum of 50% of the amount of the grant requested from in-house funds (e.g., for a grant of $300, agency must match with $150).
- The grant request must be for a new event that the organization has not hosted or sponsored in our community in the last two years.
- The grant will be dispersed after receipt of names and email addresses of attendees at the event are submitted to JFE® within five business days after the event is held.
- Events that are reaching JFE® target audiences will be favorably considered, but all programs with a Jewish food component from a 501c3 nonprofit agency are eligible to apply.
- No organization may receive more than two (2) JFE® Partnership Grants in the same fiscal year (July 1, 2017 – June 30, 2018). If an organization would like to submit two applications, the first will be accepted during any of the first three deadlines. A second application will be accepted during the last two deadlines. See below for deadline dates. We encourage agency personnel to coordinate with each other regarding the application process. Once two grants are awarded to any given agency, no other application will be accepted during the same fiscal year.
- The Executive Director of the agency applying must sign off on each application submitted.
- Grants will be disbursed on a first-come, first-served basis. When grant monies have been depleted, the Committee will cease reviewing applications.
- The JFE® Grant Committee will share its decision 7 – 10 days after each of the 5 (five) grant deadlines.
|Deadline||For programs to be held during the periods below (or later)||Food-related holidays falling within these dates
*Note: applications do NOT need to relate to a holiday. This is just an FYI.
August 22, 2017
|September 14 -December 7, 2017 (or later)||Rosh Hashanah 9/20
Yom Kippur Break the Fast 9/30
|Thursday, October 19, 2017||December 8, 2017 – February 21, 2018 (or later)||Chanukah 12/12|
|Thursday, December 14, 2018||February 22 – March 21, 2018 (or later)||Purim 2/28|
|Thursday, February 8, 2018||March 22 – May 24, 2018 (or later)||Passover 3/30
Lag b’Omer 5/3
|Thursday, April 12, 2018||May 25 – June 30, 2018|
JFE® Grassroots Co-sponsorships for Individuals
Grants from $100 to $250
Submission Deadline: Reviewed on a rolling basis but must be submitted to JFE® at least five (5) weeks prior to the proposed event.
JFE® Grassroots Co-sponsorships for individuals make it possible for community members to create and execute small scale programs aimed at gathering together 15 or less people for experimental and cutting-edge programming related to Jewish food.
Grants are awarded to individuals not affiliated with 501c3 nonprofit agencies. More favorable consideration will be given to programs that engage at least one of JFE®’s target audiences: Young Professionals, Baby-Boomers and Interfaith Couples/Families.