Tahini and Almond Cookies
Tahini is one of my favorite spreads, and I use it on a daily basis. It’s made entirely of sesame seeds and has a rich, nutty flavor with luscious texture. These are the most addictive cookies ever. They’re so easy to make and are such a great treat with your coffee.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons whole wheat flour
- ¾ cup almond meal
- 10½ tablespoons cold butter, cubed
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 cup raw tahini paste
- Sesame seeds, for coating (or coarsely chopped almonds)
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Combine flour, whole wheat flour, ground almonds, butter, sugar, vanilla and salt in the bowl of a food processor, and pulse together until the mixture gets crumbly and sand-like. Add water and tahini and process until dough begins to form. Form walnut-sized balls and roll in sesame seeds until coated. Flatten the cookies slightly with your fingers, and place on baking pan. Bake for about 12 to 14 minutes, or until golden brown. Cool completely. Store cookies in a sealed jar for up to 10 days.